Thursday, September 23, 2010

Brownie Points

Apparently, if you give a manager a brownie...
...they'll love you for the day.

I can deal with that.

A couple nights ago, Lina and I invited one of the families she nannies for over to dinner. The evening went great. Lina made her mom's recipe of cranberry pork in the crockpot, and I made mashed potatoes and brownies. Everything turned out great, and we had great conversation. The parents of the kids are in their mid thirties, and he is a sommelier and brought two bottles of very good wine.

We ended up with lots of extra brownies, though, so I took some to work. One went to a manager, who was having a really rough day.

"Hey Joe," I said. "You like brownies?"
"Are you kidding me? I love brownies!"

The rest of the day he seemed a little bit better. By the end of the day, another bartender came in, and I gave him a brownie, and I gave the rest of the managers that showed up brownies. Best response:

"You're on my Christmas list now!"

Sweet.

Literally.

1 comment:

  1. You made an If You Give a Mouse a Cookie reference. Another reason I love you.

    ReplyDelete